Thursday, August 25, 2011

QueryTracker.com

Most of us know the groove by now, right?  Query, rejected, revise, query--rinse and repeat!

Previously, I was querying from Jeff Herman's Guide to Literary Agents of 2011--which I would highly recommend!  However, I found an easy way to keep track with everything, and if you aren't a part of this website, you should be!

www.querytracker.com

It's free, so why not sign up?  You can browse agents accepting queries by a particular genre, view comments (which usually give query dates and response dates, as well as other helpful information), check graphs that show how many received rejections and how many received offers for partials/fulls, as well as get access to the agent's website, blog, and e-mail!

But that's not all! 

You can even select the agent to go into a list on your account, as well as type notes about the agent, so you can keep track of who likes what in one place.  Then, you can record when you queried, when you received a response, and what kind of response it was.  The list keeps track of how many queries you've sent, as well as how many rejections or positive feedback you may have received. 

I have to admit, I'm impressed. 

The site also has a forum, so you can post your query for review-- or your synopsis, the first five pages, etc.  The people there are very kind, and their criticism is usually right on the mark. 




On another note, since I'm off work today, I'm working on sending out queries again.  I just revised a new query, and I'm very pleased with it; I cut the word count down by almost half.  If I get any bites, I'll post it here. 


Good luck!






1 comment:

  1. I used Herman's book too before I found QueryTracker. Good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete