Friday, August 26, 2011

Technology is Depressing... I mean, uh, Wonderful!

I don't understand Twitter. 

I made one yesterday to try and follow agents and debut authors.  I was horrified to know that there are e-mail alerts involved whenever you follow someone.  It made me feel like a stalker, even though the agencies have a "Follow me on Twitter!" button on their websites.

Some have been nice enough to follow me back, even though I have absolutely no posts--after all, what should I say to my handful of random followers?  I'd feel as if I were randomly talking to myself.

Then, comes the Yahoo Mail app on my Droid.  I'm beginning to regret installing it, but I don't want to be out-of-the-loop at work.  What if I get a promising e-mail and need to view it immediately?

Too bad every time I hear the Mail alert go off, I think, "Oh, there's another rejection."  Or Twitter alert.  I need to turn those off, but haven't for the same reason I haven't uninstalled the app.


However misleading this post may seem, I haven't given up hope!  I know someone will like my idea--which is a dystopian take on Beauty and the Beast; did I ever mention that?--and if they don't, I'll just move on to the next project. 

Speaking of which, I'm currently in the middle of another YA manuscript, GUARDIAN.  I'm pretty excited about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment